Quiche has become a regular in our home. I made one with leftover ham and spinach last weekend. It is very easy to make quiche with almost any ingredients you have inside your refrigerator especially leftovers like bacon, broccoli, leeks, mushrooms, onion, sausages and of course cheese, eggs, cream, milk are also a must . Try your hand at quiche making this weekend :)
Here is the recipe (lined 9" flan ring)
Short Crust Pastry
200g Plain flour
100g Cold butter
4-5 tbsp Ice water
Method of making short crust pastry is the same as sweet crust pastry (refer to my Blueberry Pie)
125g Chicken or Picnic Ham (shredded)
125g Spinach (wash & drain well, shredded)
1/2 tbsp Shallots (sliced)
2 Large eggs
80ml Whipping cream
80ml Full cream milk
1/8 tsp salt
dash of white pepper
50g Cheddar cheese - grated
- With little oil, fry shallot till fragrant and golden brown.
- Add ham fry for a while and add spinach and fry till spinach cooked, dish up and set aside.
- Measure whipping cream and milk together in measuring cup (you can omit whipping cream and use all 160ml milk) add eggs, lightly beaten and pinch of salt, mix well.
- Spread ham spinach and cheddar cheese evenly over the bottom of the prepared tart pan, add a dash of pepper then gently pour egg mixture over it.
- Bake at preheated 180C for 40 mins and serve hot or warm.
This is excellent when served with a cup of hot brewed coffee.
Labels: Pies n Tarts