Strawberry is one of my favourite fruits. As Korean strawberries are in season now and they are sweet and fragrant. I just can't stop myself to buy at least 2 punnets every time when I visited the supermarket. After making some strawberry sherbet few weeks ago, I decided to make strawberry ice cream roll this time.
2 triangle mould (line with plastic sheet)
200g Strawberry (wash and blend to puree)
2 tubs Strawberry ice cream (500ml each)
1 can Strawberry filling
1/2 - 1 tbsp Lemon juice
few drop of strawberry paste and rose pink coloring
170g Fresh Cream
- Soak 12g gelatine with 1 tbsp water.
- Put strawberry puree and sugar in sauce pot to boil and add gelatine into it, stir till sugar and gelatine dissolved.
- Off heat add lemon juice and strawberry paste, mix well, transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Take out ice cream from freezer and leave at room temperature (about 5 mins) before you start to whip the fresh cream.
- Whip the fresh cream till very stiff and add in the strawberry ice cream, mix at medium speed for about 30 seconds then add to the strawberry puree, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Spoon the strawberry filling (about 1/2 can) in it, use spatula to fold well.
- Pour the strawberry ice cream into prepared mould, add more strawberry filling into it if you prefer. Then wrap it up with the plastic sheet and put in freezer for several hours or till next day.
Sponge Cake Ingredients:
Line 2 pcs ~ 13" square tray
4 Cold Eggs (70g each)
40g Ice water
1/2 tbsp SP (cake stablizer)
130g All purpose flour (plain flour)
30g Corn flour
80g Corn oil or melted butter (to be added last)
a few drop of strawberry paste and rose pink coloring
- Put all the ingredients except corn oil in mixing bowl, beat at high speed till thick,
- Lower speed and slowly add in corn oil, mix well.
- Take out some batter and mix in some chocolate paste or chocolate emulco, blend well.
- Pour pink batter evenly into the 2 cake trays.
- Pour the chocolate batter in piping bag to pipe lines on the pink batter or create your own patterns.
- Bake at 180C for about 10 mins.
- Leave sponge cake to cool.
- Place the sponge cake ( lines facing down) with a plastic sheet below and carefully put the frozen ice cream on top (place at the side of the sponge cake) and roll it up.
- Trim off the excess sponge cake with a knife.
- Wrap well with plastic sheet and store in freezer for few hours.
Labels: Ice Cream Cakes, Roll Cakes, Strawberries