250g Plain flour
50g Warm water + 30g sugar = stir well
50g Corn oil
- Put corn oil and water in mixing bowl together with flour and shortening. Mix well and let it rest for 15 mins. Divide water dough into 10 portions.
150g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Yam flavor + a little violet colouring
- Combine oil dough ingredients together. Divide oil dough into 10 portions.
- **Dough mixture should a little sticky, add a little corn oil if you find the dough is a little dries.
500g Yam paste filling = divide into 20 portions. (or use any type of filling you prefer)
- Wrap water dough with oil dough inside.
- Roll out into long shape about 6" long and roll up Swiss roll style.
- Flatten length wise, roll out dough a little longer and roll up Swiss roll style again.
- Cut each dough into half. (total 20 dough)
- Lightly flatten dough and overturn with the cut side facing down.
- Roll out dough lightly and evenly, wrap in yam filling and seal the ends.
- Bake at 200C for 15 mins.
Labels: Festive Bakes, Mooncakes