As Chinese New Year is just around the corner, here is another tasty easy cookie that I adapted from a Chinese cookbook. Love these softly crumbled melt in the mouth Peanut Butter Cookies as they were fragrant and crunchy with the chopped peanuts in it. It's great to pack this in a gift box to friends and relatives during the festive new year. Remember to use a plain round nozzle tip (tip #1A) to pipe out the rough peanut butter, otherwise you'll have difficulty in piping if other nozzle tips are used.
Peanut Butter Cookies
200g Soft butter
160g Peanut butter, crunchy, (you can use creamy type and increase the chopped peanuts)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
100g Icing sugar
2 Eggs (60g each), lightly beaten
240g Plain flour - sifted
35g Peanut, chopped and toasted or store bought (you may like to add more)
- In a mixing bowl, add soft butter, peanut butter jam and vanilla extract together at low speed and mix well. Then add icing sugar into it, mix well again.
- Gradually add in beaten eggs in 3-4 batches and mix well.
- Lastly pour in sifted flour in 2 batches and fold well with a rubber spatula, then add chopped peanut into it, mix well.
- Add batter into piping bag with nozzle tip #1A. Then pipe small circles on non-stick baking sheet with about half inches apart.
- Bake at preheated oven 180 degrees C for about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool on wire rack then store cookies in an airtight container.
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.
Labels: Biscuits/Cookies, Chinese New Year Goodies, New Year Goodies