Made these Almond Puff Rolls last week. Besides the flaky crust of the puff pastry, I also loved the almond filling very much. I used frozen puff pastry as I was too lazy to make the pastry myself and moreover the almond spread was very quick to prepare. Really hope you'll try this recipe if you're an almond fan. It's so easy to make and delicious too, not too sweet and fragrant with every bite. Also great to serve this at party.
Let me me share with you .... shhh this almond spread tasted like the one at Swissbake ... hehee
Almond Puff Rolls
11-12 pcs Frozen puff pastry sheets (size about 4 x 4 inch) cut from 2-3 frozen puff pastry
Filling - Almond Spread
250g Almond meal/ground
1/2 tsp Almond essence
85g Icing sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla powder/extract
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 Egg white
4 tbsp Fresh milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Combine Filling ingredients to make a thick paste. Dilute with milk to make almond spread.
- Take one large thawed puff pastry, prick holes with a fork and cut into 4 equal sizes. Dust some flour if you find the puff pastry a little sticky.
- Spread a generous almond spread over pastry with a palette knife but leave edges alone and brush some milk on pastry while rolling it up. Poke some holes with a fork and press to seal. Use a sharp knife to slit some lines on the surface.
- Lastly brush the top with some milk and sprinkle some coarse sugar or almond flakes on it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Labels: Almond, Pies n Tarts, Snacks