Muah Chee 麻糍
is originated in Southern China. It is a steamed sticky dough basically made of glutinous flour, cut in small pieces and coated with sugar and fine or crushed roasted peanuts and sometimes also with toasted sesame added. When I saw Mikko
made this easy Muah Chee 麻糍
two weeks ago, I told myself I must try it as this is one of my favorite childhood snacks. I will definitely be making this again because the chewy of the glutinous rice flour together with the crunchy toasted peanuts make this Muah Chee 麻糍
so yummy and everyone at home loved it!
Here is the recipe to prepare sticky dough
250g Glutinous rice flour
3 tbsp Caster sugar
375g Water (about 1 1/2 cup)
30g Sugar & 80g ground or crushed roasted peanuts - mix together (add more sugar if you prefer)
- Grease some vegetable oil on a 7 inch round cake tin.
- Bring water to boil in a wok or steaming pot and steam the greased cake tin over high heat.
- Mix glutinous rice flour and 3 tbsp sugar together in a large bowl and gradually add water into it.
- Stir batter till smooth and pour batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Cover lid and steam for 40 minutes over medium low heat.
- Leave cooked sticky dough to cool.
- Grease your teaspoon with little oil, scoop sticky dough and drop it on the mixed sugar and peanuts, coat well and serve.
Kitchen note: You can keep the unfinished portion of the cooked dough in the fridge (without coating with the peanuts) - cover with foil, the sticky dough is still very soft and chewy even for a day or two.
375克 清水 （约1杯半）
30克 细糖 + 80克 花生粉或烤香的花生粒，混合均匀。（喜欢更甜的话可多加一点细糖）
Labels: Asian Delight, Dian Xin 点心, Snacks