Muah Chee 麻糍



Muah Chee 麻糍 is originated in Southern China. It is a steamed sticky dough basically made of glutinous flour, cut in small pieces and coated with sugar and fine or crushed roasted peanuts and sometimes also with toasted sesame added. When I saw Mikko and Shan made this easy Muah Chee 麻糍 two weeks ago, I told myself I must try it as this is one of my favorite childhood snacks. I will definitely be making this again because the chewy of the glutinous rice flour together with the crunchy toasted peanuts make this Muah Chee 麻糍  so yummy  and everyone at home loved it!



Here is the recipe to prepare sticky dough
250g Glutinous rice flour
3 tbsp Caster sugar
375g Water (about 1 1/2 cup)

30g Sugar & 80g ground or crushed roasted peanuts - mix together (add more sugar if you prefer)

Method:
Kitchen note: You can keep the unfinished portion of the cooked dough in the fridge (without coating with the peanuts) -  cover with  foil, the sticky dough is still very soft and chewy even for a day or two.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
麻糍

材料:
250克 糯米粉
3汤匙  细糖
375克 清水 (约1杯半)   

30克 细糖 + 80克 花生粉或烤香的花生粒,混合均匀。(喜欢更甜的话可多加一点细糖)    

做法:
Enjoy!

Muah Chee 麻糍 on Foodista

Labels: , ,