Yuja (柚子茶) Chiffon Cake


I love Yuja 柚子茶 (Korean Honey Citron Tea) and have always keep a bottle in my fridge most of the time because it is very refreshing when you make it into hot tea. I baked chiffon cake again, this time with Yuja 柚子茶(Honey Citron Tea) that I used for making Cheesecake (here) one month ago. This Yuja Chiffon Cake is really soft and light, the taste is good too though the smell of Yuja is rather mild. You can see my chiffon cake is quite low because I've used a wrong tube pan size 23cm. If you want to bake this cake or use 4 eggs for chiffon cake, remember to use the correct tube pan size 20cm. 



Here is the recipe (adapted from Do What I Like with slight adjustment)

4 Egg yolks (used large eggs - 70g each)
1/4 tsp Salt
30g Sugar
5 tbsp Corn oil
100g Yuja (Korean Honey Citron Tea)
 5 tbsp Boiling Water
120g Cake flour or Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder

4 Egg whites
50g Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tar tar


Method:
 Enjoy this Yuja Chiffon Cake serve with Yuja tea (柚子茶)


kitchen note: To make Yuja tea 柚子茶 ~ add 2 tbsp of Yuja to 2 cups of boiling water.
I also made Fried Prawns in honey citron sauce ~ stay tuned!



Yuja (柚子茶)  Chiffon Cake on Foodista

Labels: