Orange Curd Cupcakes



When I saw Shirley posted the beautiful Lemon Meringue Cupcake one month ago...I told myself I had to try it but I've changed the lemon curd to orange because I prefer the zesty orange flavor in my bakes. It is no surprise to me that this cupcake turned out perfect fresh tasting with the hint of orange flavor in every bite. I  specially baked this Orange Curd Cupcake for Cookie's 12th Birthday and everyone at home really enjoyed it. 



My cupcake turned out beautifully from this silicone mould that Sarah-Jane sent to me. I really love it...the mould is super soft and it is so easy to use. I definitely want to use this silicone mould again to make some dessert for sure. Please visit Sarah-Jane to check more of her new silicone moulds product @SiliconeMoulds.com


Orange curd
100ml Orange juice
30g Butter
55g Sugar
1 egg yolk
1 large egg
Finely grated rind of one orange 

Orange Cupcake
250ml/1 cup Whipping cream (dairy cream)
3 tbsp Orange juice
220g/1 cup Sugar (used 200g)
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
225g/1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Finely grated rind of 1 orange


Here is the recipe
Enjoy!


Labels: ,