Vietnamese Spicy Lemongrass Chicken 越式香茅鸡

For a spicy food lover like myself, I was so excited when I saw Jane and Sonia cooked this delicious Vietnamese Spicy Lemongrass Chicken. As I have all the ingredients in my pantry and lemongrass in my backyard, what I need is to buy some chicken meat. This fragrant chicken with chilli and lemongrass is really super easy to cook with less oil being used and it is so helpful if you're running short on time. Definitely a keeper!



Spicy Lemongrass Paste

5 Fresh Lemongrass (use only the white part)
25 Dried red chilli (I used 30 dried chilli for more spicy)
1 1/2 inch Ginger
8 Cloves of garlic
1/2 cup cooking oil (i used less oil)

Method:
Soak dried chillies in hot water for 20 minutes, rinse and drain.
Remove the outer part of lemongrass, clean and slice lemongrass, ground it coarsely together with all other ingredients into paste. 
Stir fry lemongrass paste with oil till fragrant under low heat. Set aside for later use.


Spicy Lemongrass Chicken
2 tbsp Spicy Lemongrass Paste
700g chicken wing - mid joint), marinate with some pepper and salt for about 20 mins
1 tsp Meat curry powder
1 large Onion, chopped
1 tbsp Light soy sauce or Fish sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Sugar

Method:
      5根新鲜香茅(只取白色部分)
      25只辣椒干 (用了30只)
      1 1/2 寸生姜
      8 瓣大蒜
      1/3 杯食油
       2大匙香茅酱,700克 鸡翅(中翅) 撒点胡椒粉和盐腌20分钟
       1小匙咖喱粉
       1 只 大洋葱,切碎
       1 大匙鱼露或酱请,1/2 小匙盐,1大匙糖
      
      做法:

Enjoy!

Labels: ,