Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Wolfberry


I always like to cook simple dishes because I'm a lazy cook. I love bean sprouts and could eat it in anyway. Bean sprouts has a light sweet flavor and a slight crunch when eaten raw with salad. I bought some bean sprouts yesterday and fry it with wolfberry and prawns and it takes only a few minutes to cook this simple and healthy delicious dish.
Wolfberry which is commonly known as "Goji" and has been used in the tradition Chinese medicine for thousands years. You can eat them like raisins; make deserts, tea, stew, soup and juice. They are not only tasty but very nutritious. The people in China certainly have and is most noted there as the fruit that’s ‘good for the eyes.’





Ingredients:
250g Bean Sprouts, trimming both ends if desired, wash and drain
8 medium Prawns, remove shell, clean and cut prawns into half, pat dry and season with little salt and pepper
some shredded carrot
1/2 tbsp Chopped garlic
2 tbsp Wolfberry, soak in a small bowl of hot water for 5 mins and drain  

1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Light soy sauce
dash of pepper

Method:
Heat wok with little oil and fry garlic till aromatic and add in prawns, stir fry prawns till cooked at high heat.
Then add bean sprout, shredded carrot and wolfberry, give a quick stir for about 2 mins, so it maintains the freshness and slight crunch of the bean sprouts and lastly add salt, light soy sauce and some pepper, mix well.
Off heat and serve immediately.

Enjoy!



I would like to thanks Bake For Happy Kids and Cosy Bake for passing me these Awards. Thank you very much, I'm very much inspired by both of your blog too!

Thank you very much to I Love.I Cook. I Bake and Yummy Bakes for sending me this Lovely Blog Award today (31 Mar 2011). I feel so honored :))



Five-a-Day Fruit & Vegetable CookbookMore Vegetables, Please!: Over100 Easy & Delicious Recipes for Eating Healthy Foods Each & Every Day (Whole-Body Healing Series)

Labels: