Mississippi Mud Cake ~ Anncoo Journal Turns Two Today!!

My Blog turns 2 today! I am very excited to be celebrating this special day with all of you! I can't believe it has been two years since I created this blog and this blog has now become an integral part of my life. To date, I have written 371 blog posts (including this one) and for all the visitors, over 412,000 now~~ woo hoo!! I would like to thank those who inspired me with their interesting recipes and wonderful photos and also thank to friends and strangers who left your lovely comments and providing links to my blog showing your appreciation. Thanks for supporting me throughout and hope you all will continue the same support in the future as well.

I've baked a Mississippi Mud Cake that is a rich, chocolately dense cake for the occasion to share with everyone of you. As Valentine's Day is just a few days away, I used a heart shaped pan to make the cake looks more pretty and romantic :))
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #4: Love In The Air (Feb 2011) hosted by Cuisine Paradise.


Mississippi Mud Cake

    Here is the recipe
190 Butter
80g Sugar
190g Bitter Chocolate
75ml Hot water with 3tsp Instant coffee powder
150g Self raising flour
25g Valrhona cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp Baking soda
2 Eggs ~ lightly beaten
1 tbsp Kahlua liqueur
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

Methods:
  • In a pot melt butter, sugar, bitter chocolate, sugar, coffee liquid together. Still the mixture very well till sugar dissolved. Do not boil. Then add kahlua liqueur and vanilla extract.
  • In a large bowl, sift self raising flour, baking soda and cocoa powder together, then pour chocolate mixture into flour. Use hand whisk to mix well till mixture becomes thick and lastly add in beaten eggs and mix till smooth batter.
  • Pour batter in a 8 inch heart shaped (lined) pan or 8 inch round cake tin or a 7 inch round cake tin if you prefer a taller cake.
  • Bake at preheated oven 170C for 30-35mins.
  • Leave cake in mold till cool after baked.

Chocolate Frosting
250g Soft chocolate cream
100g Melted butter
1/2 tsp Kahlua liqueur


Mix warm melted butter in chocolate cream with a hand whisk till smooth, add Kahlua liqueur ~mix well.
  • Slice cake into two horizontally and sandwich the cake with chocolate cream. Then coat the whole cake with chocolate cream with a palette knife and decorate as desire.
  • Serve the cake immediately or chill the cake before serve.
  • Keep the remaining chocolate cream in fridge for other uses.

Happy Valentine's Day!




Labels: , ,