Avocado Creamcheese Cookies

So happy!! ~ I made it to the Foodbuzz Daily Top 9 on this post :))



Certified Yummly Recipes on Yummly.com

Avocado cookies?? Never heard before! Yes I saw this interesting recipe ~ Avocado Creamcheese Cookies at Angie's Recipes blog in December last year and I promised myself I am going to make this when I am free. You can't taste avocado in the cookies but because avocado is smooth in texture and creamier, it can substitute for butter and avocado is very healthy that can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and maintan HDL (good) cholesterol. So here it is, this pretty little cookies is healthy with no eggs too! Very delicious with the mild flavor of lemon and not too sweet to  my liking. Please visit Angie's food blog which has great food photographs and recipes that you should not miss!

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers # 3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by j3ss kitch3n.

Recipe adapted from Angie's Recipes
I doubled the recipe as the packing of Philadelphia cream cheese is 250g
200g Butter (room temperature)
1 Avocado, mashed
250g Cream cheese
260g Icing sugar
5 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Poppy seeds (poppy seeds are classified as prohibited goods in S'pore), can use black sesame seeds to substitute
460g All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda

Method:

**I received some feedback from my friends for this recipe. Increase the icing sugar a little more (270-280g) and add vanilla extract to 1 tsp. (updated 16/Jan 2011)

Enjoy Baking!

Labels: ,