Here is another easy and delicious recipe ~ Christmas Candy Cane Cookies that I've made two days ago. These Christmas cookies are very crunchy, crispy and fragrant with honey added. Try to make these cookies with your little ones and they will definitely enjoy the fun. You can even make this into a Christmas wreaths with icing frosting on top.
Here is the recipe (adapted from Xin Flavours 新之味）
100g Icing sugar
1 tbsp Honey
270g Plain flour + 3/4 tsp Baking powder = sift together
1 tsp Green tea powder, 1 tsp Cocoa powder + 2 tsp Chocolate paste, a drop of Strawberry paste
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Beat butter and icing sugar at medium speed for 3 mins until white and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well, followed by honey and mix well.
- Add sifted flour mixture and mix well evenly.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portion. 3 plain dough and the other 3 dough mix with green tea powder, cocoa powder and strawberry paste individually.
- Roll plain and colored dough separately into long strips and cut into 12 cm strips. Place plain and colored strips side by side (about 20g), press on one tip and twist the strips together and cut into half. Bend into the shape of a cane and coat with coarse sugar.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and bake for about 15 mins.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it Snow!
Remember this wonderful Christmas song?
Labels: Biscuits/Cookies, Christmas Bakes