I made it again to the Foodbuzz Daily Top 9 ~ :DD
I am sure many of you have visited Food 4 Tots
beautiful blog. LK is a nice lady and have always posted many simple and healthy recipes that I have bookmarked. Just last week LK posted this healthy recipe ~ Blueberry Orange Muffins
and I immediately fell in love with it because this is a super easy recipe which you don't need the electrical mixer at all and I absolutely loved the blueberry orange combo. What you need are two large bowls and a hand whisk then mix the batter in a short time and I assure you will get a moist and tender delicious muffin after baked.
As I still have 2 punnets of frozen blueberries in my freezer, I quickly whipped this recipe on Saturday for my family and they loved these muffins very much, they even requested me to bake it again. Thank you LK for sharing this recipe :))
Please check on LK's blog for more details
250g Plain flour
3 tsp Baking powder
pinch of salt
120g Castor sugar
2 Large eggs (at room temperature)
4 tbsp Fresh orange juice
2 tsp Orange Zest
180ml Extra light olive oil/sunflower oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
160g Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
125g Frozen bluerries (1 punnet)
- In a mixing bowl, sieve flour, salt and baking powder, mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, gently whisk together the eggs and sugar together, then add Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, orange juice, zest and oil until it is combined. Be careful not to overbeat the mixture. (Oops! I forgot to add sugar to the dry ingredients instead but no worries, the muffins still moist and soft after baked)
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a spatula (I used hand whisk to mix), combine the ingredients with fold in method until they are well combined and no traces of flour. Stir in blueberries (used spatula) and mix well. Do not over-mix the batter. The batter should be thick ("spoonable" not "pourable").
- Use a spoon to scoop batter into muffin cups or transfer the batter into a piping bag and pipe into the muffin cups until each cup is 80% full.
- Bake at preheated oven 190C for 20-25 mins.
I totally agree with LK ~ These muffins got their extra moisture from the blueberries and yogurt. They stayed soft and velvety even left overnight.
Labels: Blueberry, Cupcakes/Muffins, Orange, Yoghurt