I love to make Prawn Fritters with Veggie at home especially serve as Japanese set meal. It is not oily with only salt and pepper as seasoning. You can also serve this as finger food for children's party too.
Here is the recipe
100g Medium Prawns, about 10 prawns or add more if you like
1 Onion - shredded
1 small Carrot - grated or cut to thin match sticks (about 50g or more)
some finely cut spring onion or coriander leaves
For the Batter
1 Egg yolk with enough water to 150ml
3/4 cup Plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp Rice flour
- Remove shell and vein from prawns then cut to cubes not too small. Season with some pepper and salt.
- Combine the batter ingredients together in a measuring cup and blend into a smooth texture paste.
- Add enough oil (I used canola oil) for shallow frying with two drops of sesame oil in wok.
- In a medium bowl add some prawn cubes, grated carrot and shredded together. Then add about 2-3 tbsp of batter (not too thick) into the prawn mixture with some coriander leaves or spring onion.
- Drop the coated prawn mixture in small portion into hot oil gently with a fork and spoon and shallow fry till golden brown. Dish up and drain oil well.
- Serve Prawn Fritters with dipping sauce (here) or Mayo sauce mix with some mustard into it.
Labels: Asian Delight, Seafood