I must Thank You Bee Bee for sharing this delicious recipe. When I first saw this pound cake recipe from Honey Bee Sweets
one month ago, I've bookmarked it because of the simple ingredients with one cup of whipping cream in it, that makes me think this cake texture must be moist and soft.
Yesterday, Ann from Pig Pigs Corner
posted this pound cake with blueberries added and I really can't wait to try this recipe since I have blueberries in my fridge and all the ingredients on hand, so I started to bake this cake right after my dinner.
I bought this bundt pan from Ikea many years ago and look at this pound cake, looks nice with that beautiful golden brown on top.
When I released the pound cake from the bundt pan, I just WOW....beautiful isn't it?
And of course I am the first one to taste this cake..LOL ...Mmmm...my verdict ~~ really moist and soft with little sourish because of the blueberries in it...Perfect! Just remember not to over bake as it will make the cake slightly dry.
Here is the recipe adapted from Honey Bee Sweets
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (not sure about the 1/2 cup of butter to grams, so used 125g)
1.5 cups Hong Kong, sifted (180g, I used plain flour)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Caster sugar (200g but I used 180g)
3 Large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup quality heavy whipping cream (250ml, I used Milac whipping cream from Phoon Huat)
250g Fresh or Frozen blueberries
- Grease bundt pan with butter and dust flour evenly in pan, knock out the excess flour or spray Non-stick spray evenly in pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Sift the plain flour and salt together and set aside.
- Add eggs in to the batter one at a time and mix well before adding in another.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well again. Then add 1/4 of the plain flour in and mix well. Now add 1/3 of the whipping cream and mix. Repeat this, alternating flour and cream till all is mixed in (do not mix too long).
- Toss blueberries with 1 tbsp of plain flour and add to the batter. Fold it with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven at 180C and bake for 40 mins or till the tester comes out clean.
- Leave pound cake to cool in tin for 30 mins and remove cake then place on to rack to cool completely.
Labels: Baked Cakes, Blueberry, Bundt Cakes