This cotton soft Japanese Cheesecake is very delicate and moist. It is not too cheesy nor too sweet ~ a favorite amongst many♥♥♥ I have made this super light Japanese Cheesecake not once but many many times and this one here was baked last week especially for one of my friend.
(This is just a repost of an old post that I promised to my niece's request
Here is the recipe: (Printable recipe)
265ml Full cream milk or Low fat milk
250g Cheese cream (room temperature)
40g Plain flour
35g Corn flour (sift together with plain flour)
7 Egg yolks
7 Egg whites
3/4 tsp Cream of tartar
2 tsp Vanilla flavor
- Boil milk and butter together at medium heat, lower heat add in cheese cream~use hand whisk to stir cheese cream till smooth. Add in plain flour and corn flour mix well.
- Lastly add in egg yolks and vanilla flavor, mix cheese cream mixture till thick and transfer to large bowl, leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar till peak form (that is the form peaks with tips stand straight when the beaters are lifted).
- Use a rubber spatula to fold egg whites in two batches to the cheese cream mixture.
- Pour cheese cream mixture to a lined 9" square cake tin and place cake tin at the lowest rack in the oven. Steam bake at preheated 150C for about 1 hour 15 mins.
- *After about 30 mins of baking or when you find the top of the cheesecake turned brown half way of baking, place a foil cover loosely over the cake tin.
- Cool down cheesecake in room temperature. *Cheesecake will shrink as it cools.
- Best to chill cheesecake before serve.
Kitchen note: Wrap cake tin with heavy duty aluminum foil to prevent any water from sipping into the cheesecake during baking.
Labels: Cheese Cakes